Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rune of the Day

Today's Rune of the Day is Gebo!

Gebo is the rune of gifts and crossroads. What, you say, aren't crossroads usually bad? They mean you have to make choices! Well, not to the ancient Norse. You see, crossroads meant that you could meet a new person as your paths intersected. It was traditional at these encounters to give a gift to the person you met, no matter how simple it may be. It means new friends, new people, sometimes gifts (I must confess my runes don't usually use that meaning). The symbol I have seen both represent a crossroads, or a hug. I think traditionally it is crossroads, but since this is such a snuggle rune and the 'X' is usually a hug symbol for us, it becomes that as well!

I'm not sure if I have used Gebo as a rune of the day yet. I'm trying to run the whole gammot, and so far they've worked fantastically. But Gebo fits for today.

Gebo is the Rune of the Day because there are so many rune giveaways going on! There are not one, but TWO!




There is the Willow Moon Rune giveaway at Mother Moon's Message: http://mothermoonsmessage.blogspot.com/




There is also the Rose Quartz Rune giveaway at Domestic Witch: http://domesticwitch.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people! ^_^