Sunday, October 25, 2009

This was supposed to be last night...

...But by the time I got back from my meeting it was already one in the morning and I didn't feel like posting a rune for the day and then this post before going to bed. So last night was my group's Pagans In Touch meeting for Symbolism. I'm the discussion organizer, somewhat newly appointed, and it really was the first meeting we had where I was actually leading the discussion. For the most part I got really good feedback: that it was organized, there was actually transitions, and that people felt like we actually talked alot about the topic and there wasn't as much off-topic conversation. That made me feel awesome!

Apparently in my boyfriend's opinion it was an 'okay' meeting...he got the feeling at points that I was being condescending? His words were that I was being a 'kindergarden teacher'. Sometimes when someone brought something up I would be like "Yeah, that's great! That's a really good point!" And to him it seemed like the tone I used was like I was talking to little kids figuring something out for the first time. I didn't feel like that...I know that I was trying to acknowledge their point while trying to allow for other people to add stuff too, so I may have rushed it a little...I don't know.

After all the good feedback I got lastnight, should I be putting as much emphasis on his opinion as I am? He does have a bit of a history misconstruing things as being condescending...only every now and then, but I don't know if I just don't see it or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people! ^_^