Monday, October 19, 2009

In the Beginning...

Well...howdy all. This shall be my first official blog post. I've never been able to keep up with a journal--ever, in my life, not even an art or writing journal--but, considering the new wheel is upon us, I am determined to try something new. Eh...technically something old that I'm trying to resurrect. And succeed this time. Hopefully.

So then, about me. Because I'm self-absorbed like that. I am a witch, a geek, a crafter, and a lover. Not a fighter. Definitely not. Combat Paralysis--it sucks. And being a Libra to boot, I'm anti-conflict. Unless its all fun and games--then its fun and games.

What kind of witch you ask? I'm a natural witch, with an emphasis in stones, herbs, weather, and some cottage magick. I'm also a bit of a lorekeeper...I study everything. Ask me theory, I've got you covered...practice may be a little more difficult. My method of divination is Norse Runes: Huzzah Futhark! I am proficient enough with this that I can give accurate readings not just to a person, but to a character they are playing.

Which leads me to Geekdom. What kind of geek you ask? D&D, Shadowrun (really, are you surprised? It's a larp that is post-the Veil falls with supertech and extensively researched actual magick), L5R, and Nero. Nero, Nero, Nero. Nero is my new crack and I'm spending my rent money on it. http://www.nerovanguard.com/ My first LARP, I'm playing a Gypsy Earth Scholar (no religion in the game). I have been researching the Rom like a madwoman. Oh, and WOW. Look for a female Draenai Hunter named Leathra. That's me! ^_^

Now for Craftiness. I am an actor, a painter, a drawer, a sculptor, a writer, a dancer, and a singer. I crochet, knit, sew, do wire-working, beading, and some macrame. I also am looking into learning tatting and leatherworking. Slight interest in embroidery and woodworking. With all this jack-of-all-trades syndrom (None of this master-of-none crap though; I'm actually quite proficient with most of them) is it any surprise that I'm broke? I do so much I can't focus on any of it!

Lastly for the Lover. Well...maybe not. I want to keep this relatively pg after all. ;) Notice I said THE lover. Note the disambiguation. Like most women who grew up in prudish America I have body issues. I have at least recognized most of these, which I suppose is the first step. I also have the most amazing man in my life and he is truly the one I intend to spend the rest of this life with. This is the healthiest relationship I've ever been in and I wouldn't change it for the world. ^_^

So! There's me in a nutshell. Feel free to leave comments, I like meeting new people with similar interests! And sorry if I used a few big words, I'm a recently graduated English major and sometimes have difficulty weeding the complexity out of my monologues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people! ^_^