Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rune of the Day

Today's Rune of the Day is Fehu

Fehu is the rune of Prosperity and inheritance. Note that this does not necessarily mean money. A person may be poor monetarily but be rich in relationships. Inheritance can also mean personality traits or appearances that you have inherited from your ancestors. The symbol of Fehu is the horns of cattle being tossed in the air. To the ancient Norse the amount of cattle one had was what measured one's prosperity, as any sort of money was actually hard to come by.

Fehu is the rune of the day because in this case he does actually mean money...I get a paycheck from my temp job today. Granted I won't be able to use a bit of it because it will be paying off some debt I have, but at least I'll have money for all of five minutes! (Expect a recurrence of Fehu when I finally get an actual job; I'll be celebrating then!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people! ^_^