Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rune of the Day

Today's Rune of the Day is Isa

Isa is the rune of Ice. I'm not sure if the symbol is actually an icycle, but that's what I always think of. Ice to the Norse meant winter. Winter meant a time of stasis, of being unable to do anything. The cold and snow kept them indoors, living off of their stores, telling stories, waiting for the thaw. As tense as these situations can be, they are also needed. Its the break from all the back-breaking work, the time to think, to plan, to prepare. Getting this rune in a reading can mean that you need to take a step back from your work, or that you should wait to make a decision. This rune cannot be occluded, as it looks the same rightside up as it does upside down.

Isa is the Rune of the Day because that's the way I feel. Its grey, calm (if it were stormy I'd be much more energized) and everything is sleep and mellow. Problem is, as much as I feel its a day for Isa, I can't be so today. I have to go to the bank, and I have to go to an open interview later. *sigh* Yeah, I'll put up and do the work...but today just feels like Isa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people! ^_^