Friday, October 30, 2009

Rune of the Day

Today's Rune of the Day is Wunjo

Wunjo is my rune of guidance! Wunjo is the rune of joy and happiness. (My name also means "One of Joy") Its symbol is a flag at full mast flapping in the breeze. A fairly straightforward rune, it usually is quite upfront with its meaning. Occluded it can mean that you're not happy, or that you're not taking joy from things around you. It can be an urging to stop and smell the roses, enjoy life.

Wunjo is the rune of the day because I'm so happy and excited! Today I'll be making apple pies, getting candy for the trick or treaters, and getting ready for tomorrow! Tonight I'll be going to Rocky Horror! No, I'm not in it this year, but that doesn't keep me from being a transylvanian in the audience! More on that later--that gets its own post!

2 comments:

  1. Wunjo is one of the "life runes" as I know them by. I read a very interesting post on another heathen's blog about Wunjo and Raidho (looks like an R) and how they go together. It's a very potent rune.

    Though I disagree with the heart symbolism and think that's better suited for Gebo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I posted on Raidho a little while back. I'm intrigued by this life rune concept, I'm afraid I'm not familiar.

    I try to look for a different picture of a rune each time, and that was the most unique. Heart for Gebo, hmm? I think of that more as a new meetings and chance encounters rune. Interesting. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people! ^_^