Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas All!

I know, its a day late. I slept in, took care of the neighbor's cat, and visited a friend before heading out to family about 2 hours drive north. (You can tell I live in the midwest can't you? Distance is measured in hours!) I got a decent haul...it took me a long time to realize how well-off my family is. The guy and I got a nice toaster-convection oven, a blender/grinder, a REALLY nice wine kit, and a dining room table/chairs set, as well as a card table/chairs set and several other little things. I really appreciate the table and chairs, we haven't had a place to sit besides the futon since we moved in! >.<

Holidays like Christmas are some of the few times I allow my family to help me out money-wise. I became determined in my freshman year of college that once I got my degree I was making my own way, and it hasn't been easy. Coming from an upper-middleclass family I took a lot for granted growing up, and the prospect of being on my own terrified me. Sure I could ask my parents for money when I'm in a pinch, but I refuse to now. I need to learn these lessons in life, learn what it's like to not know where my next meal is coming from. Am I crazy? Probably. But I want to learn to actually appreciate what I have in my life, not take it for granted that I live in a nice apartment with a wonderful man.

Wow, that got a lot darker than I intended it to...so...
Side note! I found I great 'pagan traditions selector' over at gypsy magic! Turns out I'm a Celtic Reconstructionist with a strong vein of Old English Heathenry...doesn't sound like me at all, does it? :-P


More Free SelectSmart.com Widgets

2 comments:

  1. Old English Heathen, Finnish Paganism and Hellenic are my top three. Wow. Not bad for an ecclectic - lol!

    Thanks for the cool link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely understand the drive to make it on your own and embrace your independence. And no, it's definitely, definitely, not easy. But I identify with your spirit. ;-)

    Happy Belated Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people! ^_^