Thursday, May 20, 2010

'Life is Good' meme

By now I think we all know I have a love/hate relationship with awards.  I'm very flattered by them, but I also don't like the obligation it forces on people (send this to at least 15 people in the next 5 minutes or you won't be happy ever again in your life!!!!).  That being said, Magaly over at Pagan Culture (http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/) has nominated me for the Life is Good award, complete with meme.  Now I am quite appreciative, and in an effort to show my appreciation I'm willing to go halfsies on this.  I will answer her questionaire--in my opinion memes are just fun--but I will not be targeting people afterwards.  Sound fair?

1. How old were you when you first showed interest in the written word?
Umm...ya know, I don't really know.  When I was little my mom read to me every night before I went to sleep, and I always enjoyed the stories.  In kindergarten I had trouble putting letters together to make words--I got the letters themselves, but this strange alchemical way in which they came together to make words boggled me.  I do remember my 'Aha!' moment, when I figured out "The".  It was the first word I ever learned to read, and credit goes to my favorite book at the time, "The Berenstein Bears and The Spooky Old Tree".  Once I learned to read, however, I had little interest in reading until somewhere between ages 8 and 10.  I reread a book my mother had once read to me, C.S. Lewis's The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  It was a struggle at first till the book sucked me in.  Then I made the awesome discovery that there were MORE books continuing the story.  That was absolutely amazing to me.  Since that point I have been a certified bookworm--I just have to find a good story.
 
2. What is your favorite old time book and why?
Old time, hmm...bah!  I like Shakespeare, and Poe, and Jane Austin--Macbeth, The Masque of the Red Death, and Pride and Prejudice, respectively.  Older than that?  I love Beowulf and The Canterbury Tales.  In fact I would love to learn Old and Middle English...the growth of the English language fascinates me.  Its the one thing I would actually be willing to teach in a classroom setting.
 
3. Superstitious?
Umm, I'm a witch.  That generally comes with the territory.  My mottos are "There is no such thing as coincidence" and "Expect the Unexpected".
 
4. Are you afraid of the dark or do you chase the things that go bump when the lights are out?
Combo, actually.  If I've watched or read something scary I'm terrified because I know without the slightest bit of doubt that even if I do fight I can't win against...I don't know, the boogey man.  If its something real-world I chase after them (I love ghost hunting).
 
5. Done any skinny dipping lately? Ever? 
I've had multiple chances, but I never have, no.
 
6.  What makes you go "DAMN!" when you look at an attractive person?
A lean muscular body and long hair.  Long hair on guys drives me WILD.
 
7. What do you know about Witches?
....?  Am I really answering this question?  That would take forever...and what I DON'T know about witches would be just as long!
 
8. Environmentally friendly or environmentally terrorist? The last kind would get really pissed if others don't conserve water.
Friendly.  I'm guilty of a lot of 'no-nos' myself, but I am trying.
 
9. Have you been in a strip club?
Nope.
 
10. What was the last book you read?
"Ken's Guide to the Bible".  Really quite amusing.  http://www.amazon.com/Kens-Guide-Bible-Ken-Smith/dp/0922233179

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people! ^_^