Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Look, and a Question

So...do we like? Hm? It's quite a bit darker, but I do like the mystery-feel. The mystique. The music I have on my page really does enhance viewing, so I'd recommend giving it a play. ;) Blackmore's Night and Omnia--how can you go wrong? I'm just sad that the music site didn't have Niiv or Dance Till we Die available...then again, those are both new songs so it's understandable.

I've gotten back into reading again--picked up one of the paranormal romances I own. I also got back into WoW, so we'll see how that goes. I've never really been addicted to it--to the point where I rearrange my real life around the game--but I can be a bit obsessive at times. I don't think that should be a problem for now, or certainly not until the next expansion comes out.

I've also felt the pull to be more magickally active lately, but for some reason I'm just not. Well, what would I really do a spell for anyways? I'm one of those types that if I can accomplish it without the use of magick I do. A love spell? I've already got my true love. Money? Well, while I could always use more money I don't NEED more money--I'm getting by as is. Maybe not terribly comfortably, but its not something I feel I really need to use magick to improve.

Hmm...I could do a spell to bring a cat into my life. Money's just the issue. If I want a pet at all that's an additional $500 deposit on the apartment, then getting the cat (from a shelter of course), whatever shots and whatnot that they need, food, toys...right now what with car repairs and everything, a cat just doesn't seem possible. THAT is something I would consider using magick for--helping it become a possibility.

I don't know. I'm just not really the type to do spells, because most often than not I rationalize that I don't NEED magick to accomplish whatever the issue is. Really, what would I need a spell for anyways?
...and that's just a regurgitation of what I've already said. *sigh*

What do people out there use spells for? Anyone practice magick regularly? Why, and for what?...if you don't mind me asking. I just have difficulty understanding. There's not much in my life that requires magick, so I don't use it. Why do you?

1 comment:

  1. I think the most common way that I use rituals and 'spells/magick' is to concentrate my intentions. I wouldn't say that it is required in my life, but it helps me to focus my thoughts and energies toward the things that I am most in need of paying attention to at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people! ^_^