Thursday, March 4, 2010

Its an awesome--and very long--questionaire!!

I found this questionnaire over at Divining Women, and I think its fantastic! If you actually read the whole thing...I'll be very impressed? Feel free to take it and answer it yourself!

Basics

Do you have a magickal name?
Umm...I do. I'm not telling what it is, but I will tell you how I learned it. I was in my room fuming about something that was terribly important in highschool but I can't remember what it is now, and cleaning out my closet. One second I'm chucking junk over my shoulder, the next WHAM! I'm in a vision. I'm in a dimly-lit museum with two of my close friends. We're looking through old armor and weapons, and I realize that I can place every piece--for example, 'That's a 16th century english helm, this was used by the Spanish in this era' etc. Around a corner and down a hallway, and there is a single display all lit up. Its a longbow. I know without reading the plaque that the string had been cut. Sabotage. Reading the plaque, I see that the bow was thought to have belonged to an archer in Joan of Arc's army. I then hear I giant, resounding (male-sounding) voice "You are ". Then I'm back in my closet staring blankly at the floor.

Does it have a special meaning?
Yes...It means 'Snowy Owl', but I won't tell you in what language.

How did you find Wicca/Paganism?
I found magick first. Naturally practicing magick and being Christian is a bit of a no-no...and being in highschool with wild hormones, it made me a bit suicidal. I couldn't understand why such a beautiful, amazing thing would condemn me to hell. I can actually say that I was saved by the goddess. I was in one of my favorite stores in Hayward, WI--the celtic shop. On the bookshelf there was a book called "Maiden Magick" by C.C. Brondwin. Naturally I was intrigued. It was an introduction to the Goddess path, and that was how I discovered paganism. It led me on a path of research and discovery, and I wouldn't change a moment of it.

How long have you been practicing?
Hmm...I think its been about seven years now?

Solitary or group practitioner?
Solitary, but I do have a group of other solitaries that I meet with. Check us out on meetup! http://www.meetup.com/Bloomington-Pagans-in-Touch/ I'm the discussion organizer. ^_^

What is your path?
Umm...Eclectic is probably the best way to describe it. Currently I'm very housewitchy, but I've called myself a hedgewitch in the past.

Are you out of the broom closet?
Yes, but that doesn't mean I have a deathwish. Unless it comes up I'm discreet about my religion.

Gods/Goddess

Who are your patron Gods?
Hmm...Cernunnos and Odin would probably be the closest things I have to patron gods.

Who are your patron Goddess'?
See above...but Brighid and Freya. I've also recently become interested in Idunn (technically the 'd' is a thorn. Norse pantheon, rather obscure).

Which Gods/Goddess' do you worship?
Well...I have a unique view of Deity. Ya know that 'all gods are one god' saying? Yeah, I believe that. However if, say, I'm going horseback riding and would like a safe outing, I can call on Epona. I believe it is our view/belief of Deity that defines it, and so I can call on certain aspects depending on my needs. ...I just realized the way I said that sounded rather presumptuous. I would like to clarify that Deity is, well, Deity. I am simply human. That means that while I may request, respectfully, I don't call the shots.

Do you fear dark aspects of the Gods/Goddess, or rather, respect them?
I do not fear them...I could never accept the phrase 'god-fearing', but I do have a very healthy respect for them. In essence, I seek the balance. That means not all light, not all dark. Everything shades of grey.

Do you worship the Christian God?
See my explanation of Deity. Yeshua gets included in that great conglomeration.

Do you ever worship animals?
Worship? No. They are fellow entities. I do believe they are intelligent, have souls, and are spirit guides (totems).

Or plants?
No, but plant entities are much the same as the way I see animals.

Nature

Do you regularly commune with nature?
As much as I can, as often as I think about it. I have a tendency to wander off because I'm 'called'. I experience the seasons first hand. This time of the year I celebrate with the trees as their buds start forming on their branches.

Ever walked barefoot in the woods?
MMmmm....yes. I really enjoy it. Though it can be painful at times.

Taken a camping trip just to talk to nature?
No, but I do use camping trips as excuses to talk to nature.

Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth?
Hmm...tough call. I think it would have to be while I stayed for the weekend in Eagle Cave, WI. My favorite place is the Hornet's Nest, which was formed by a whirlpool in the cave and looks like...well, the inside of a Hornet's Nest. I used to dissappear from my troop (a no-no in Girl Scouts...you ALWAYS have a buddy) and meditate in there for hours at a time.

What is/are your power animal(s)?
Tiger, Deer, Owl, Raven...those are the only ones I know, though I do believe my Shadow Totem is the Spider.

Do you have a familiar?
No. Maybe someday...

Have you ever called upon the powers of an animal in ritual?
Hmm...no, surprisingly. I did call upon Tiger quite a bit in highschool though...Shaman-style. 'Becoming' a tiger.

Or a plant?
Does incense count?

Do you hug trees?
Hell yes! As often as I can!

Give them gifts?
Sometimes. I have a bad habit of not having anything on me while I go commune, but if there's a coin or something in my pocket I do leave it in offering though.

What is your favorite flower to work with?
Lavender...Mmmm....

What is your favorite tree to work with?
Hmm. At the moment it seems to be Cedar. It keeps popping up in my life.

Wheel of the Year

What are your favorite holidays?
Mabon and Samhain

What if your least favorite holiday?
Ya know, I honestly don't know. Maybe Imbolc. I connect with it the least.

Have you ever held a ritual on a holiday?
As often as I can...even if its just an invoking and balancing.

Ever taken a day off work to celebrate a pagan holiday?
Never really had the opportunity. I've been a student, this is the first year I'm working full-time (it SUCKS!) I've only been in this since February 1st, I don't have any PTO until 90 days have passed.

Do you celebrate Yule on the 21 rather than the 25?
21st. I celebrate Christmas with my family on the 25th.


Have you ever felt the Veil thin?
Yes.

Ever danced the Maypole?
Yes! At my handfasting, last May 2nd.

Know what the Maypole symbolizes?
Doesn't everyone? How more phallic can you get?

Ever made love on Beltane?
Mmmmm.... ;)

How do you usually celebrate the pagan holidays?
Sometimes it as simple as a meditation. Sometimes I consecrate a new magick item. It really depends. I love going to ritual with Pagans in Touch though.

Divination

Do you use Tarot?
Well...I have a deck. The faery wicca deck. I haven't been doing so well with the learning to read them. Tarot never really spoke to me. I thought if I found I deck I liked I would be able to...it will still take some time though.

Do you use runes?
Yup. I'm pretty good at them too if I do say so myself. I've been able to give readings not just for people before, but also for game characters. How's them apples? I'll know I'm really good though when I can tell someone where their lost keys are--a friend of mine who reads tarot was able to do just that.

Do you use a pendulum?
Yup. I used to make my own pendulums, but they never really had that much personality. They were very aloof. Surprisingly the first pendulum I bought had the most personality of any pendulum I've handled, and its personality is that of a mischievious child.

Do you use dowsing rods?
Occasionally. The most I've ever had though is a wire hanger set. If I were ever to get an actual set I may use them more.

Do you use astrology?
Yes. I have basic knowledge of how to draw up a chart as well as basic knowledge of the signs, planets, and houses.

Any other form of divination?
Tiny bit scrying and the hot-wax-in-water method.

Spells

What was the first spell you did?
The Stone Gaurdian spell from Scott Cunningham's 'Earth Power'. Before that I simply used intent and energy to control the weather, not a formal spell.

What was the latest?
A Large-scale home cleansing and a dream pillow for peaceful rejuvinating sleep.

Ever done a love spell?
Yes. It was how I met the love of my life. That was the only time.

A job spell?
Yes. Multiple times. I was jobless from the time I graduated in the spring till mid-november...and it wasn't a confirmed full-time job until February 1st.

A healing spell?
Yup. I once lost my voice (entirely--there was only a very little raspy breath) and did a visualization of golden light raining down and surrounding my throat. My voice was almost entirely recovered within 10 minutes.

What was the most powerful spell you've ever performed?
A spell to recover a lost item--my palm pilot. It had been stolen, I performed the spell that night, and the very next day it was found--next to a trash can in a building where I had no classes. Good thing I had my phone number programmed in.

Cryptozoology

Do you believe in Vampires?
Yes--psychic vampires at the very least.

Werewolves?
Not so sure on that point.

Shape shifters?
Yes.

Elves? Faeries? Dragons? Nymphs? Sprites? Mermaids? Sirens? Satyrs?
These are all creatures I consider to exist on the spiritual/astral level.

Angels?
Yes. Angels existed long before Christianity, after all. Same with Demons. I tend to avoid either extreme, as I feel that neither of them have my best interest at heart.

Ghosts/Spirits?
I've been researching ghosts/ghost-hunting since I was eleven.

Ever "seen" any of the above?
No. :( Not even a ghostie! I've researched them so much and know so many theories...my sister sees spirits and my own mother, the Christian who add to ask her pastor if she was allowed to believe in ghosts, has seen a ghost. I know that I've been contacted by spirits--both my mother and my sister woke up in the middle of the night, heard the front door open, someone walk down the hall, and open and close my door. They then heard me conversing with whoever this male being was. I have absolutely no memory of this, and have always wondered what it was about.

Ever talked to any of the above?
See above. Wish I could remember. Oh! I suppose I should ammend the 'seeing'. Never with my physical eyes, and that's what I'm waiting for. I've spoken with spirit guides on the other side before, as well as animal spirits.

Ever called on any of the above in magick?
Umm...I don't believe so.

Do you have one of them as a personal guardian?
*snort* Who knows what my guides are? The first one, and the only male of the four, is easily confused as a Shadow Being--I thought he was for the longest time, but the most I could do was keep him in a corner of my room! Unfortunately, it was the corner in front of my door. One may be a dragon in humanoid form. Though why a dragon would want to be my guide is beyond me (dragons generally don't like me).

Random

Do you see a rabbit, a man or a woman in the moon?
I see an elderly woman with lots of wrinkles in her face.

Own a cat?
*whine* OOoooh, I want one so much! But I can't get a cat until I can afford to support one...

When you meditate what does your sacred/safe place look like?
Its a lush temperate rainforest next to a waterfall. Very very vibrant green. Next to the pool the waterfall creates is a bright pavilion with brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows, very Indian in theme. Inside there's a chaise lounge, heaps on silken pillows on the soft mossy ground, and a short round table covered in scrolls and books. The pavilion leads off further, but I've mostly only explored this main 'room'.

Do you work with Chakras?
yes, but likely not as much as I should.

Do you believe in soul mates?
Certainly. I also believe you can have more than one soul mate. I also believe in twin flames--literally, the other half of your soul.

Ever met one?
Yes--I believe my boyfriend is a soul mate, though I think this is the first time I've ever met him in a lifetime.

Do you have a Spirit guide?
Four. I also have multiple animal totems.

Is it always love and light?
Certainly not! As I said before, shades of grey.

5 comments:

  1. Nice! This is a very interesting questionnaire. I might fill it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great survey. I'm actually going to fill it out for my blog today. It's a nice "introduction" for people just starting their own blogs.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grabbing your button, by the way! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people! ^_^